Global Pigment Dispersion Market Overview:
The rapid increase in construction activities in urban and rural countries and increasing disposable income for consumers is driving the Global Pigment Dispersion market. Pigment Dispersion is a suspension of insoluble solid particles either in organic solvent or water. It plays a significant role in determining the end properties of lacquers, paints or printing inks. The main function of pigment dispersion is to resist chemical attacks, discoloration, weather, and harsh temperatures. These agents contain at least one chemical compound, which absorbs and reflects light in order to impart colour to various substrates used. There are two types of pigment dispersion i.e. Organic and Inorganic pigments. Organic pigment refers to colored material made of organic compound with pigment properties whereas Inorganic pigment constitutes titanium dioxide, iron oxide, chrome green, ultramarine blue, carbon black, and others. These are the widely preferred in various end-use industries as they are abundantly available and inexpensive. However, some inorganic pigments such as lead chromate are considered hazardous upon consumption. The dispersion market is highly diverse; hence it needs to be customized according to the specific applications.
- Rapid urbanization and adoption of emerging technologies like Nanotechnology
- Increasing Disposable income in the Emerging Economies
- Growing Expenditure in innovation and purchasing power of consumers
- Increasing Consumer spending on passenger cars as well as the involvement of new technologies and invention in this market.
- The rapid increase in construction activities and increasing demand for pigments with functional benefits.
- Increasing demand for protective paints in the automotive industry and UV protection paints in aircraft.
- Adverse Environment effect due to the presence of toxic elements
- Strict regulations by the Government have restricted the use of toxic organic chemicals used for the production of pigment dispersion may hamper the growth of the market.
- Increasing tourism and travel sector in the countries like MEA
- Presence of tremendous oil and gas in these countries owing to the use of pigment dispersion in protecting industrial machinery
- Increasing bargaining power of buyers and emphasis on high-quality products at low cost and replacement of heavy metal based inorganic pigment by organic pigment
- Impact of fluctuations in price affecting the market.
The market is fragmented by numerous players. Due to increased industrialization in developing countries like APAC is spurring the entry and growth of many regional players who are providing healthy competition to the established global players. Players in the market are competing based on product performance and quality, price, product availability, security of supply, and customer service. Successful and long-term hold on the market can be achieved through product optimization, which allows for scaling and penetration into the multi-regional market.
Some of the key players profiled in the report are BASF SE (Germany), PPG Industries, Inc. (United States), The Sherwin-Williams Company (United States), Akzo Nobel N.V. (the Netherlands), Clariant (Switzerland), RPM International Inc. (United States) and Tikkurila Oyj (Finland). Additionally, following companies can also be profiled that are part of our coverage like Chromaflo Technologies Corp. (India), KANSAI PAINT CO., Ltd. (Japan), Kelly-Moore Paints (United States) and Dunn-Edwards Corporation (United States). Analyst at AMA Research see United States Vendors to retain maximum share of Global Pigment Dispersion market by 2026. Considering Market by Category, the sub-segment i.e. Organic Pigment will boost the Pigment Dispersion market.
In December 2018, Chromaflo Technologies Corp. has announced its plans to build a new pigment dispersion manufacturing facility including a single-storey warehouse space with a two-storey office facility in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Chromaflo will be designing and constructing a world-class manufacturing, warehousing, technical laboratory, and office facility that is in line with Chromaflo branding common to all and the existing Asia Pacific facilities.
What Can be Explored with the Pigment Dispersion Market Study
Gain Market Understanding
Identify Growth Opportunities
Analyze and Measure the Global Pigment Dispersion Market by Identifying Investment across various Industry Verticals
Understand the Trends that will drive Future Changes in Pigment Dispersion
Understand the Competitive Scenario
- Track Right Markets
- Identify the Right Verticals
The top-down and bottom-up approaches are used to estimate and validate the size of the Global Pigment Dispersion market.
In order to reach an exhaustive list of functional and relevant players various industry classification standards are closely followed such as NAICS, ICB, SIC to penetrate deep in important geographies by players and a thorough validation test is conducted to reach most relevant players for survey in Pigment Dispersion market.
In order to make priority list sorting is done based on revenue generated based on latest reporting with the help of paid databases such as Factiva, Bloomberg etc.
Finally the questionnaire is set and specifically designed to address all the necessities for primary data collection after getting prior appointment by targeting key target audience that includes Pigment Dispersion Manufactures, Traders and Distributors, Raw material suppliers, Nationalized Laboratory and Production Process Industries.
This helps us to gather the data related to players revenue, operating cycle and expense, profit along with product or service growth etc.
Almost 70-80% of data is collected through primary medium and further validation is done through various secondary sources that includes Regulators, World Bank, Association, Company Website, SEC filings, OTC BB, USPTO, EPO, Annual reports, press releases etc.