An E-book Device which is also called an e-book reader is an electronic device, designed specifically for the purpose of reading digital e-books and periodicals. while any device displaying text on a screen act as an e-reader, this device may optimize portability, readability, and battery life for this purpose. E-book device is capable of holding a number of books. An E-book device is a book publication made available in digital form, consisting of text, images, or both, readable on the flat-panel display of computers or other electronic devices. E-books can be read on e-reader devices, as well as on any computer device that features a controllable viewing screen, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones
The research analyst at AMA estimates E-book Device market to grow at a compounded annual growth rate of 13.0%
- Lower prices as compare to the cost of the bulk of written books
- Comfortable to buy from home or on the go with mobile devices
- Digital advancements in the education sector
- Rising global demand for e-book content in both English and other regional languages
- Increasing adaptation of online content into the educational curriculum
- Growing trend of Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) concept
- Rising penetration of smartphones and e-readers is a critical factor that propels the growth of the e-books market
The global education sector is experiencing a shift in e-learning models fueled by the exploding demand for connected devices and digital education and Growing e-learning market due to increasing availability of free e-books on the internet
Players Covered in the Study are:
Amazon (United States), Barnes&Noble (United States), PocketBook (Switzerland), Kobo(Rakuten) (Canada), Bookeen (France), Ectaco (United States), Ematic (United States), Aluratek (United States) and Tolino (Germany)
The Global E-book Device market is gaining huge competition due to involvement of United States companies that constantly invest in research & development to meet market expectation with new innovation.
Rakuten Kobo has acquired the company Aquafadas and Bookeen, the European leader in e-reading, joins forces with Thalia, the number 1 Bookseller in Germany, to launch Cybook Odyssey within Thalia shops
List of players that can be included in the study on immediate basis are Arta Tech (Poland), Hanvon (China) and Onyx (United States).