An E-book Device which is also called an e-book reader is an electronic device, designed specifically for the purpose of reading digital e-books and periodicals. while any device displaying text on a screen act as an e-reader, this device may optimize portability, readability, and battery life for this purpose. E-book device is capable of holding a number of books. An E-book device is a book publication made available in digital form, consisting of text, images, or both, readable on the flat-panel display of computers or other electronic devices. E-books can be read on e-reader devices, as well as on any computer device that features a controllable viewing screen, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones
The research analyst at AMA estimates E-book Device market to grow at a compounded annual growth rate of 13.0%
- Lower prices as compare to the cost of the bulk of written books
- Comfortable to buy from home or on the go with mobile devices
- Digital advancements in the education sector
- Rising global demand for e-book content in both English and other regional languages
- Increasing adaptation of online content into the educational curriculum
- Growing trend of Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) concept
- Rising penetration of smartphones and e-readers is a critical factor that propels the growth of the e-books market
The global education sector is experiencing a shift in e-learning models fueled by the exploding demand for connected devices and digital education and Growing e-learning market due to increasing availability of free e-books on the internet
Players Covered in the Study are:
Amazon (United States), Barnes&Noble (United States), PocketBook (Switzerland), Kobo(Rakuten) (Canada), Bookeen (France), Ectaco (United States), Ematic (United States), Aluratek (United States) and Tolino (Germany)
The Global E-book Device market is gaining huge competition due to involvement of United States companies that constantly invest in research & development to meet market expectation with new innovation.
Rakuten Kobo has acquired the company Aquafadas and Bookeen, the European leader in e-reading, joins forces with Thalia, the number 1 Bookseller in Germany, to launch Cybook Odyssey within Thalia shops
What can be explored with E-book Device study:
• Where E-book Device industry stands in scaling its end use implementations
• What concrete benefits would result from scaled initiatives by Players
• Where Players should focus their investments cycle
• Key success factors and recommendations for upscaling future growth.
• Target Market / Country and Key Business Segments
List of players that can be included in the study on immediate basis are Arta Tech (Poland), Hanvon (China) and Onyx (United States).