Electricity Trading Market Scope
Electricity Trading is generated at power plants, then purchased by suppliers, who then sell it to consumers. Electricity trading is the exchange of electricity between power generators who generate it and power suppliers who sell it to consumers. Electricity trading takes place over both long and short periods. Running a power station is an expensive process, and there is always an electricity demand.
|Unit||Value (USD Million)|
|Key Companies Profiled||Fortum Oyj (Finland), Indian Energy Exchange Ltd. (India), Intercontinental Exchange Inc. (United States), Japan Electric Power Exchange (Japan), JSW STEEL Ltd. (India), Manikaran Power Ltd. (India), Next Kraftwerke GmbH (Germany), NTPC Ltd. (India), Power Exchange India Ltd. (India) and PTC India Ltd. (India)|
The global electricity trading market is fragmented due to the presence of several major players. This report provides a detailed analysis of several leading electricity trading companies, including ASX Ltd., European Energy Exchange AG, Indian Energy Exchange Ltd., Japan Electric Power Exchange, and Next Kraftwerke GmbH, in order to help clients improve their market position. Research Analyst at AMA estimates that Indians Manufacturers will contribute to the maximum growth of Global Electricity Trading market throughout the predicted period.
Fortum Oyj (Finland), Indian Energy Exchange Ltd. (India), Intercontinental Exchange Inc. (United States), Japan Electric Power Exchange (Japan), JSW STEEL Ltd. (India), Manikaran Power Ltd. (India), Next Kraftwerke GmbH (Germany), NTPC Ltd. (India), Power Exchange India Ltd. (India) and PTC India Ltd. (India) are some of the key players that are part of study coverage. Additionally, the Manufacturers which are also part of the research are Energy Trading Co. Sro (United States), Equinor ASA (Norway), Euronext N.V. (Netherlands) and Others.
The research aims to propose a patent-based approach in searching for potential technology partners as a supporting tool for enabling open innovation. The study also proposes a systematic searching process of technology partners as a
preliminary step to select the emerging and key players that are involved in implementing market estimations. While patent analysis is employed to overcome the aforementioned data- and process-related limitations, as expenses occurred in that technology allows us to estimate the market size by evolving segments as target market from total available market.
The study have segmented the market of Global Electricity Trading market by Type (Day-ahead trading and Intraday trading), by Application (Energy providers, Institutional traders and Other) and Region with country level break-up.
On the basis of geography, the market of Electricity Trading has been segmented into South America (Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Rest of Europe), MEA (Middle East, Africa), North America (United States, Canada, Mexico). region held largest market share in the year 2021.
Market Leaders and their expansionary development strategiesOn 1st February 2021, to weather the storm of pressure that the COVID-19 pandemic continues to rain on global demand, oil, gas, and renewable energy producers have turned to mergers and acquisitions. The consolidation of oil and gas companies that, faced with bankruptcy, banded together to stay afloat will reshape the industry landscape for the foreseeable future, particularly as they invest in the transition from fossil fuel generation to clean energy.
On 1st January 2021, Axpo Holding AG the company offers Electricity trading solutions such as hedging for retail energy providers. Axpo Holding AG January 2021, the company appointed thomas Gresch as Chief Technology Officer.
The CEA is the statutory body under the Electricity Act that advises Government of India on establishing policies, safety requirements and technical standards. The Government of India in consultation with the states and the CEA sets policies such as the NTP and National Electricity Policy as a guideline for the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) and the State Electricity Regulatory Commissions (SERCs) when they make their regulations.
- Rise in Adoption of Renewable Electricity Generation Technology
- APAC Electricity Trading Market is Likely to Provide Providers with Considerable Commercial Prospects
- Vendors in the Electricity Trading Economy are concentrating on Gaining Business
- Rise in Urbanization in Developing Nations Has Caused Rise in Demand for Electricity
- Stable Power Supply Utilizing Batteries and Provision of Surplus Power Pool
- Traditional Electricity Generation Sources Have a High Environmental Impact due to the Low Interest Rate Environment
- High Initial Cost and Time Required For Installing Electricity Plants May Restraints the Electricity Trading Market
- IEA's Emergency Response to cut Oil Consumption as Well as Releasing Oil Inventories is restraining market
- IEA's Mandate has grown over Time to Include Worldwide Energy Trend Tracking and Analysis
- High Maintenance Cost Hindering the Electricity Trading Platform Market
- Raising Environmental Awareness among Clients Is Difficult
Key Target AudienceNew Entrants/Investors, Analysts and Strategic Business Planners, Agricultural Row of Electricity, New Entrants and Investors, Electricity Treading Distribution and Supplier, Organization Resources, Government Bodies, End-Users and Others
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1. What are the key segments playing vital role in Electricity Trading Market?
The Electricity Trading study can be customized to meet your requirements. The market size breakdown by type [Day-ahead trading and Intraday trading], by end use application [Energy providers, Institutional traders and Other].
2. How big is the Electricity Trading Market?
The Electricity Trading Market is gaining popularity and expected to see strong valuation by 2027.
3. What are the key driving factors for the growth of the Electricity Trading Market?
- Increase in Demand for Electricity Has Increased the Power Generation Activities across the Globe
- Growing Primary Users of the Electricity Market Such As Utilities Firms, Energy Providers, and Professional
- Electricity Trading Rise in Vendor Collaborations