Global Industrial Fabrics Market Overview:
Industrial Fabrics are fabrics that are extensively used in manufacturing various industrial products and other technical processes. Industrial Fabrics may be made up of natural or synthetic or semi-synthetic fibers. This fabric are made to perform under extreme pressures, elasticity, heat, and other industrial physical pressures. Industrial fabric may be knitted, woven, crocheted, or even non-woven. The COVID-19 heavily hit this industry. Because demand for industrial fabric is expected to drastically come down due to many industries bring in the use of industrial fabrics will be forced to shut-down in lockdowns. Even after lockdowns open-up, only a few industries are working with their 100% labor force. COVID-19 also disrupts global supply chains and slowdown industrial production, this sluggish behavior also impacted industrial fabric demand. Some of the players profiled in the study are Dupont (United States), Scott Bader (United Kingdom), Contitech Ag (Germany), Toray Industries Inc. (Japan), Forbo International SA (Switzerland), Ahlstrom-Munksjo (Finland), Habasit Ag (Switzerland), Johns Manville (United States), W. Barnet Gmbh & Co. Kg (Germany) and Sinopec Yizheng Chemical Fibre Company Limited (China).
On the basis of geography, the market of Industrial Fabrics has been segmented into South America (Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Rest of Europe), MEA (Middle East, Africa), North America (United States, Canada, Mexico). If we see Market by Sales Channels, the sub-segment i.e. Direct Channel will boost the Industrial Fabrics market. Additionally, the rising demand from SMEs and various industry verticals gives enough cushion to market growth. If we see Market by Raw Material, the sub-segment i.e. Natural will boost the Industrial Fabrics market. Additionally, the rising demand from SMEs and various industry verticals gives enough cushion to market growth. If we see Market by Fibre, the sub-segment i.e. Polyester will boost the Industrial Fabrics market. Additionally, the rising demand from SMEs and various industry verticals gives enough cushion to market growth.
Market Growth Drivers
- Rapid Growth in Automotive Industry, Because of Rising Per Capita Incomes in Middle and Lower Middle-Income Economies Such as South Asian Countries, Latin American Countries, and Few North African Countries
- Rising Demand for Industrial Filtration and Separation Process is Another Reason for Thriving of the Industrial Fabric Market
- Increase in focus, on Sustainability around the World Especially in Developed Countries leading Companies forced to innovate and Redesign their Products by Finding a Better or Efficient Alternative to Petro-Chemical Process Made Synthetic Polymers and Other Fibres
- The Industrial Fabric Sector is Subjected to Stringent Regulations by Various Governmental Bodies Across the Globe
- As Petroleum Prices Rise, the Cost of Production of Polymers and Synthetic Fibres Increase too, as this is a Primary Materials Used for Manufacturing of Industrial Fabrics thus Controlling the Cost of Manufacturing of Industrial Fabrics Would be a Major Hurdle to Overcome
- Low-Cost Semi-Skilled Labour is Found in Abundance in South Asian Countries, where the Industrial Fabric Manufacturers can Benefit from Because of Lower Manufacturing Costs
- Governmental Aided Financial and Regulatory Support to Private Firms in Many Countries After Covid-19 will Aid in Recovery of All Major Industries Including Automotive Industries which will in Return Thrive the Demand for Industrial Fabric
- As Most of the Industrial Fabrics are Made Up of Synthetic Petroleum-Based Fibres, which are Non-Degradable in Nature and Since Recent Climate Policies are Very Strict, this Maybe a Limiting Factor for the Growth of the Existing Industrial Fabric Market Unless No Innovation Takes Place
- Innovating in Sustainable and Environment-Friendly Alternatives to Non-Degradable Petroleum-Based Industrial Fabrics Would be Another Major Challenge in the Coming Decade
Key Market Developments:
In 2019, Milliken & company acquired Andover healthcare. The two companies aim at strategically using their combined resources to invest in research and development of high-quality healthcare fabric which is patient-driven in nature
In the peak of Covid-19 in America, the American fabric and textile giant Johns Manville innovated and manufactured a new non-woven fabric primarily for the manufacturing of disposable medical gowns which were in high demand in the US and around the World for medical professionals
The market is although highly competitive but since the recent pandemic situation, it opened up space for new entrants as well as other medium-scale firms to innovate and capture the market, majorly in the healthcare industry. Due to the high demand for healthcare protective gear as well as the loosening of lockdown mandates and opening of other end-user industries. Major players which at present capture most of the market are ContiTech AG, Dupont, Habasit AG, and Forbo International SA, observing that most of these firms are European and North American
Industrial Fabric Manufacturers, Suppliers, and Distributors, Research and Consultancy Firms, Governmental Regulatory Bodies, New Entrants/ investors, Venture Capital Funds and Private Equity Firms and Raw Material Suppliers
Major Objectives Focused through this Study
To define, describe, and forecast the Global Industrial Fabrics market on the basis of product  , application [Recreational Trade Textiles, Occupational Safety and Protective Apparel, Aeronautic, Automotive, Marine Textiles, Healthcare and Others], key regions and end user
To provide in-depth information regarding major influencing factors affecting the growth of the market (trends, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-centric and regional challenges)
To strategically analyse the micro-markets and important business segments with respect to individual growth drivers , market trends and potential, and historical contributions to the total market
Identifying the opportunities in the market for key stakeholders and detailing the competitive landscape for market leaders
To provide market size for various segments of the Industrial Fabrics market with respect to major geographies, namely, South America (Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Rest of Europe), MEA (Middle East, Africa), North America (United States, Canada, Mexico)
To strategically profile the key players and analyzing their market shares and core competencies in the Industrial Fabrics industry
To track key developments such as product launches, expansions, agreements, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, and R&D activities that are key factors in shaping the market
Available Customization: Data related to EXIM [Export- Import], production & consumption by country or regional level break-up can be provided based on client request**. Additionally, the Vendors which are also part of the research are China Textiles Ltd. (China), Invista (United States) and Paulo De Oliveira, S.A (Portugal).
** Confirmation on availability of data would be informed prior purchase
While framing the research framework, major and emerging players operating in the Industrial Fabrics market in various regions have been profiled, and their offerings, geographic footprints, and distribution/sales channels have been analysed through in-depth discussions. The primary research is performed by taking the interviews of executives of various companies dealing in the market as well as using the survey reports, research institute, and latest research reports. Meanwhile, analyst team keeps preparing set of questionnaires and after getting appointee list; the target audience are then tapped and segregated with various mediums and channels that are feasible for making connection that includes email communication, telephonic, skype, LinkedIn Group & InMail, Community Forums, Community Forums, open Survey, SurveyMonkey etc.