Ambient energy is resident energy that is often generated by natural and human-made sources during various activities. Energy harvesting is a process of obtaining usable energy from this resident energy that is surrounded by the environment. An ambient energy harvester harvests tiny amounts of power from the environment that can power small devices to perform extraordinary tasks. Europe is projected to dominate the ambient energy harvester market over the forecast period. The European Commission has been investing increasingly in research and development to propel energy security in the region. North America & Asia Pacific markets are expected to grow at a rapid pace on account of rising concerns over energy conservation. The United States defense advanced research project basically involves the development of a combined energy production and storage systems for the application in portable weaponry, vehicles, and electronic.
- Growing Demand for Safe, Power-Efficient, and Durable Systems That Require Minimum Or No Maintenance
- Extensive Implementation of IoT Devices in Automation and Ambient Energy Harvesting Technology in Building and Home Automation
- Increasing Trend for Green Energy and Favorable Initiatives By the Governments
- Rising Adoption of Wireless Sensor Networks Equipped With Ambient Energy Harvester
- Limitations of Remotely Installed Networking Modules
- Higher Initial Cost Associated With Ambient Energy Harvester Curtails the Market Growth in Developing Countries
Use of Sensors in Wearable Electronics, Use of Human Ambient Energy Harvester for Implantable Biomedical Devices and Ocean Ambient Energy Harvesting
Manufacturers Covered in the Study are:
EnOcean GmbH (Germany), Mide Tecnhology (United States), Lord Microstrain (United States), Cymbat Corporation (United States), Linear Technology (United States), Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd. (Japan), Cypress Semiconductors Corporation (United States), STMicroelectronics, Inc. (Switzerland), Texas Instruments Incorporated (United States) and Powercast Corporation (United States)
The Global Ambient Energy Harvester market is gaining huge competition due to involvement of United States companies that constantly invest in research & development to meet market expectation with new innovation.
List of players that can be included in the study on immediate basis are General Electric (United States), Convergence Wireless (United States), Microchip Technology Inc. (United States) and ABB Limited (Switzerland).