A strain gauge is refer as a device used to measure strain on an object. A Strain gauge (sometimes also referred to as a Strain gage) is a sensor whose resistance varies with the applied force, It converts the force, pressure, tension, weight, etc., into a change in electrical resistance which can be then measured. When external forces are applied to a stationary object then stress and strain are the results. It can also be used to test vehicles, ship hulls, dams, and oil drilling platforms. A simple civil engineering application using the strain gauge technology is to install the strain gauges on structural components in a bridge or a building to measure the stress and compare them to the analytical models and stress calculations
- Improving standards of infrastructure in various regions
- Increasing demand for high-speed electronics
- Susceptibility to environmental vibration
Favorable government policies attracting the buyers and sellers which is helping in expanding the market
Manufacturers Covered in the Study are:
VPG (United States), HBM (Germany), Zemic (Netherlands), HYCSYQ (China), KYOWA (Japan), LCT (China), Omega, TML (Japan), BCM (Belgium) and Piezo-Metrics (United States)
The Global Strain Gauges market is gaining huge competition due to involvement of United States, Japanese and Chinese companies that constantly invest in research & development to meet market expectation with new innovation.
Vishay Precision Group, Inc. announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Pacific Instruments of Concord, California, a privately held company. Pacific Instruments is a designer and manufacturer of high‐performance data acquisition systems
What can be explored with Strain Gauges study:
• Where Strain Gauges industry stands in scaling its end use implementations
• What concrete benefits would result from scaled initiatives by Manufacturers
• Where Manufacturers should focus their investments cycle
• Key success factors and recommendations for upscaling future growth.
• Target Market / Country and Key Business Segments
List of players that can be included in the study on immediate basis are Guangdong HualanHai Electric Measurement Technology (China), HPI (United States), CEDRAT TECHNOLOGIES (France) and FISO Technologies (Canada).