Maltitol is a sugar alcohol that are found naturally in some fruits and vegetables and also called carbohydrates. They are typically manufactured rather than used in its natural form, they are sweet in taste but not as sweet as sugar with almost half the calories. It is used in bakery products, candies, chewing gums, frozen food, and other sweet items. It keeps food moist and helps prevent the browing of products. There are some side effects of maltitol like it may cause stomach discomfort, high blood pressure and weight gain, which might slow down the global maltitol market growth.
- Shifting Preferences towards Consumption of Low Sugar Products
- Growing Food and Beverages Industry
- Increasing use of Maltitol in Frozen food
- Continuous use of Maltitol as Sweeteners by Health Conscious People
- Risk of Allergies and Side Effects Associated with Maltitol
- The entry of Many Substitute Players in the Market
Continuous Research and Innovation in Maltitol and Growing Population and Urbanisation with Changing Food Preferences will Boost the Market
Vendors Covered in the Study are:
Roquette (United States), Mitsubishi Shoji Foodtech Co. Ltd (Japan), Ingredion Incorporated (United States), Cargill (United States), Dancheng CAIXIN Sugar Industry Co.Ltd (China), Zhejiang Huakang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd (China), Shaoxing Marina Biotechnology Co., Ltd (China) and Tereos (France)
The Global Maltitol market is gaining huge competition due to involvement of Chinese companies that constantly invest in research & development to meet market expectation with new innovation.