Cell proliferation kits are known as assays which deliver the deep and quick quantification of cell proliferation and viability. They are basically used to analyze pharmaceutical compounds and agents which are toxic and quantify cell proliferation in the context of the growth factors, mitogens, and nutrients. It is a colorimetric assay for quantification of nonradioactive cellular proliferation, cytotoxicity, and viability. The sample material is either suspension or adherent cells cultured in the 96-well microplates.
- Rise in applications of cell proliferation kits
- Increase in awareness regarding benefits of cell proliferation kits over traditional treatments
- Increasing importance of promotional activities
- Introduction of technologically advanced products
- Dearth of skilled professionals
- High cost of cell analysis systems
Lucrative opportunities in emerging markets and Growing APAC market
Players Covered in the Study are:
Bio-Rad Laboratories (United States), F. Hoffmann-La Roche (Switzerland), GENERAL ELECTRIC (United Kingdom), Merck (Germany), PerkinElmer (United States), Thermo Fisher Scientific (United States), Biological Industries (Israel), BD Biosciences (United States), Biotium (United States) and Mindray Medical (China)
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.) acquired Affymetrix, Inc. (U.S.) to enhance the cellular and genetic analysis product portfolios of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.