Global Fetal Heart Monitor Market Overview:
Preterm birth is one of the most prevalent cause of stillbirths or fetal and neonatal mortality. According the Center for Disease Control, In the United States alone, premature births account for nearly 10% of the newborn babies annually. Insufficient and improper nutrition delivery is a major cause of preterm birth and has caused many health diseases and cardiovascular malignancies which demands the need of safety heart monitoring of foetus. Foetal/fetal Heart rate monitoring is the process of analysing the condition of foetus during labor and delivery by monitoring the heart of the foetus with special equipment. Foetal monitoring devices are vital tools that are used to monitor foetal/maternal parameters such as foetal heart rate, foetal movements and uterine contractions. These devices are mainly used in gynaecology and obstetrics interventions.
- The increasing number of birth rate and preterm birth resulting in medical complications
- Technological advancement in medical devices
- Rising manufacturer’s awareness and willingness in the development of fetal monitoring
- Increase in the number of post-term pregnancy, multiple pregnancy, and premature delivery cases.
- Smart pulse fetal heart monitoring technology developed by Philips company is one such novel development perceived in the market to tackle with misdiagnosis and alteration in monitoring the heart of the fetus.
- Stringent regulatory procedure by the Government and technological limitations
- Alteration in reading heart rate of neonatal and heart monitor has created confusion in the past thereby posing the risk to the fetus, in turn, is hampering the market.
- The emergence of portable & wireless products
- Untapped developing economies are expected to provide new growth opportunities to the global fetal heart monitoring devices manufacturers in the forecast period.
- Lack of trained clinicians in monitoring and handling devices used for fetal heart
- Complications that occurs due to foetal monitoring devices.
The fetal heart monitoring market is steadily expanding due to the growing number of patients and the presence of several key players investing in this market. The market consists of several international and regional players who offer diversified goods in various markets and focus extensively on advanced technologies, high-quality products, and improving their brand image and core competencies.
Some of the key players profiled in the report are Covidien PLC (Ireland), FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc.(India), GE Healthcare (United States), Philips Healthcare (United States), Siemens Healthcare (Germany), Neoventa Medical (Sweden), Spacelabs Healthcare, Inc.(United States), Analogic Corp.(United States) and OBMedical (United States). The Players having a strong hold in the market are BabyFun. Additionally, following companies can also be profiled that are part of our coverage like ArjoHuntleigh, Inc.(United States), BabyFun (United States) and HealForce (United States). Analyst at AdvanceMarketAnalytics see United States Players to retain maximum share of Global Fetal Heart Monitor market by 2024. Considering Market by Portability, the sub-segment i.e. Portable will boost the Fetal Heart Monitor market. Considering Market by Method, the sub-segment i.e. Invasive will boost the Fetal Heart Monitor market. Considering Market by End user, the sub-segment i.e. Hospitals will boost the Fetal Heart Monitor market.
In October 2018, researchers at the University of Essex in the United Kingdom have developed a new sensor that can be by the pregnant mother at home while achieving an accuracy that rivals that of in-clinic equipment. Electric Potential Sensing (EPS) technology allows their prototype to be positioned directly on the pregnant woman’s abdomen to measure the Heart rate of the foetus without having to use a gel or having electronic leads snaking to another device.
Data related to EXIM [Export- Import], production & consumption by country or regional level break-up can be provided based on client request**
** Confirmation on availability of data would be provided prior to purchase
The top-down and bottom-up approaches are used to estimate and validate the size of the Global Fetal Heart Monitor market.
In order to reach an exhaustive list of functional and relevant players various industry classification standards are closely followed such as NAICS, ICB, SIC to penetrate deep in important geographies by players and a thorough validation test is conducted to reach most relevant players for survey in Fetal Heart Monitor market.
In order to make priority list sorting is done based on revenue generated based on latest reporting with the help of paid databases such as Factiva, Bloomberg etc.
Finally the questionnaire is set and specifically designed to address all the necessities for primary data collection after getting prior appointment by targeting key target audience that includes Foetal Monitoring Device Manufacturers, Government and Regulatory Bodies, Clinicians, Health Care Providers and Distributors, Suppliers and Traders.
This helps us to gather the data related to players revenue, operating cycle and expense, profit along with product or service growth etc.
Almost 70-80% of data is collected through primary medium and further validation is done through various secondary sources that includes Regulators, World Bank, Association, Company Website, SEC filings, OTC BB, USPTO, EPO, Annual reports, press releases etc.