Electricity Trading Platform Market Scope
Electricity trading platform process of power generators selling the electricity they generate to power suppliers, who can subsequently sell it to consumers, is known as electricity trading. In the United Kingdom, the system operator, National Grid ESO, manages the flow of electricity across the country, ensuring that the amounts traded ultimately match demand and do not overwhelm the power infrastructure.
|Unit||Value (USD Million)|
|Key Companies Profiled||Axpo Holding AG (Switzerland), BP Plc (United Kingdom), Deutsche Borse AG (Germany), Energy Trading Co. Sro (United States), Equinor ASA (Europe), Euronext N.V.(Netherlands), Fortum Oyj (Finland), Indian Energy Exchange Ltd. (India), Intercontinental Exchange Inc. (United States) and Japan Electric Power Exchange (Japan)|
The worldwide electricity trading market is fragmented due to the existence of multiple big firms. This report provides a detailed analysis of several leading electricity trading manufacturers, including ASX Ltd., European Energy Exchange AG, Indian Energy Exchange Ltd., Japan Electric Power Exchange, and Next Kraftwerke GmbH, in line with the robust vendor analysis designed to help clients improve their market position. Research Analyst at AMA estimates that Indians Players will contribute to the maximum growth of Global Electricity Trading Platform market throughout the predicted period.
Axpo Holding AG (Switzerland), BP Plc (United Kingdom), Deutsche Borse AG (Germany), Energy Trading Co. Sro (United States), Equinor ASA (Europe), Euronext N.V.(Netherlands), Fortum Oyj (Finland), Indian Energy Exchange Ltd. (India), Intercontinental Exchange Inc. (United States) and Japan Electric Power Exchange (Japan) are some of the key players that are part of study coverage. Additionally, the Players which are also part of the research are JSW STEEL Ltd. (India), Manikaran Power Ltd. (India), Next Kraftwerke GmbH (Germany) and Others.
The research aims to propose a patent-based approach in searching for potential technology partners as a supporting tool for enabling open innovation. The study also proposes a systematic searching process of technology partners as a
preliminary step to select the emerging and key players that are involved in implementing market estimations. While patent analysis is employed to overcome the aforementioned data- and process-related limitations, as expenses occurred in that technology allows us to estimate the market size by evolving segments as target market from total available market.
The study have segmented the market of Global Electricity Trading Platform market by Type (Day-ahead trading and Intraday trading), by Application (Utilities companies, Energy providers, Institutional traders and Other) and Region with country level break-up.
On the basis of geography, the market of Electricity Trading Platform has been segmented into South America (Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Rest of Europe), MEA (Middle East, Africa), North America (United States, Canada, Mexico). region held largest market share in the year 2021.
Market Leaders and their expansionary development strategiesOn 26th May 2022, Jeffrey C. Sprecher, Chair and CEO of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (NYSE:ICE), a premier global provider of data, technology, and market infrastructure, will speak at the Piper Sandler Global Exchange and FinTech Conference. Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (NYSE: ICE) is a Fortune 500 firm that creates, operates, and maintains digital networks that connect people to opportunities. We offer mission-critical workflow technologies that promote transparency and operational efficiencies to our customers through financial technology and data services across major asset classes.
On 10th February 2021, The RTM is an initiative of the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission and is India's largest energy market, providing a countrywide, automated trading platform for physical delivery of electricity, Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs), and the IEX (CERC). With the RTM, the market regulator hopes to make the power market more dynamic by allowing half-hourly auctions for electricity trading.
Indian Energy Exchange (IEX) is planning to launch forward contracts for electricity trading beyond the currently available market value maturity while the BSE is planning to start power exchange sources. BSE has already started mock trading for the same and it has partnered with PTC India, ICICI Bank and few other state electricity companies. Going ahead, BSE will also launch futures trading in electricity since it falls under the regulatory ambit of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
- Rise in Adoption of Renewable Electricity Generation Technology
- APAC Electricity Trading Market is Likely to Provide Providers with Considerable Commercial Prospects
- Vendors in the Electricity Trading Economy are concentrating on Gaining Business
- Rise in Urbanization in Developing Nations Has Caused Rise in Demand for Electricity
- Stable Power Supply Utilizing Batteries and Provision of Surplus Power Pool
- Traditional Electricity Generation Sources Have a High Environmental Impact due to the Low Interest Rate Environment
- High Initial Cost and Time Required For Installing Electricity Plants May Restraints the Electricity Trading Platform Market
- IEA's Emergency Response to cut Oil Consumption as Well as Releasing Oil Inventories is restraining market
- IEA's Mandate has grown over Time to Include Worldwide Energy Trend Tracking and Analysis
- High Maintenance Cost Hindering the Electricity Trading Platform Market
- P2P Energy Trading Has the Potential to Assist the Environment, But Raising Environmental Awareness among Clients Is Difficult
- Electricity Network Operators Must Ensure the Electricity Network's Dependable Operation without Exceeding the Voltage Level
Key Target AudienceNew Entrants/Investors, Analysts and Strategic Business Planners, Electricity Trading Platform Manufactures, Agricultural Row of Electricity, New Entrants and Investors, Electricity Treading Platform Distribution and Supplier, Power Consumption, Organization Resources, Government Bodies, End-Users and Others
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1. What are the key segments playing vital role in Electricity Trading Platform Market?
The Electricity Trading Platform study can be customized to meet your requirements. The market size breakdown by type [Day-ahead trading and Intraday trading], by end use application [Utilities companies, Energy providers, Institutional traders and Other].
2. How big is the Electricity Trading Platform Market?
The Electricity Trading Platform Market is gaining popularity and expected to see strong valuation by 2027.
3. What are the key driving factors for the growth of the Electricity Trading Platform Market?
- Increase in Demand for Electricity Has Increased the Power Generation Activities across the Globe
- Growing Primary Users of the Electricity Market Such As Utilities Firms, Energy Providers, and Professional
- Electricity Trading Platform Rise in Vendor Collaborations